Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found on the back of Lipton Vegetable Soup mix. Have not made before, but am posting for safe keeping.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 20mins
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope vegetable soup mix
- 2 (1 lb) jars pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozarella, 1/4 cup parmesean, eggs, spinach, and soup mix.
- In 6 quart slow cooker, spread 1 cup sauce. Layer 4 lasagna noodles, broken to fit, then 1 cup sauce, and 1/2 ricotta mixture. Repeat. Top with remaning 4 noodles and 2 cups sauce. Reserve remaining sauce. Cook covered on low 5 to 6 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce heated.
- recipe calls for 2 - 1lb 10oz jars of pasta sauce. Would not let me post it like that.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! I made it for a luncheon at work. Even the people on a low carb diet got two helpings! I used 2 bottles of a spicy spaghetti sauce. I didn't have any left over to serve with it but it was moist and yummy without it. I think I may add more spinach next time. Glad I found this recipe.Reply
I also found this on the back of the Lipton box and decided to try it. For being a meatless dish, I was extremely filling and hearty. I almost followed the ingredients as written, with the exception that I didn't use all of the name brands suggested and I subbed low-fat, low-cost cottage cheese for the ricotta. I followed the instructions and cooked it on Low for about 5 1/2 hours and it came out divine! My daughter (who "hates" spinach) had two helpings before she even questioned what the green stuff was. The veggie soup really punches up the flavor and I think I may even start adding it to the cottage cheese mixture in my traditional lasagna. Thank you for posting! This is going into the keeper file!Reply