Slow Cooker Pumpkin Custard
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A frothy delight, using the slow cooker. My family ADORES it, including my pumpkin-indifferent husband. Yoinked and modified from a post on the What-A-Crock livejournal community
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Beat eggs and egg whites with whisk in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, spices and vanilla extract. Mix until blended, and fold in whipped topping. Pour into cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low three to four hours, or until sides are set and center of custard is just a bit loose.
- Divide into serving dishes and chill until cool. Top with dollop of whipped topping and ground cinnamon, if desired. One can also top with crushed pecans, sprinkles, sugar, whatever.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION