Slow Cooker Potato, Sausage and Sweet Corn Chowder
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1⁄2 lb ground mild Italian sausage
- 8 -10 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock (or 5 cups water and 5 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, as needed
- Brown sausage in a skillet set to medium-high heat until fully cooked through and slightly crisp. Drain.
- Add all ingredients except for the heavy cream into slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for about 6 hours.
- Blend about half the soup using an immersion blender (or just scoop it into your upright blender, then return to slow cooker).
- Add in the heavy cream. Stir to combine. Lid and allow chowder to return to temperature - this takes about fifteen minutes.
- Check for seasoning - add salt and/or pepper, as needed.
- Serve topped with additional fresh cilantro for garnish and/or shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!