Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 355 ml ginger ale (Use cola if preferred)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar (Use another fruit vinegar flavour if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup apricot jam
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan at medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mix together in the slow cooker the ginger ale, ketchup, brown sugar and molasses.
- Add the pork roast and turn to coat.
- Mix together in a bowl the vinegars, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and apricot jam.
- Pour over the meat.
- Add the sauteed onions and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>