Slow Cooker Poached Raspberry Pears
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Ready in under two hours !! and inexpensive too !!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups apple and cranberry juice
- 4 medium packham pears, peeled
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 150 g frozen raspberries
- cream, to serve
- Combine sugar and juice in pot over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes till sugar dissolves.
- Place pears in bowl of 5 litre slow cooker.
- Pour over syrup.
- Add the vanilla bean.
- Cover and turn slow cooker to high.
- Cook one hour and fifteen minutes, turn halfway through cooking.
- Add raspberries and cook further 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used cran-raspberry because it was on sale otherwise I tried to follow it exactly. My crockpot croaked. After 2 hours on high, the pears were just barely soft! But soft enough to top with whipped cream & enjoy. :) It was even better the next day when the vanilla had time to seep in & work it's delicious magic & the syrup reduced even more. Even THE PICKY ONE who generally isn't keen on fruit loved it!! It would be good on ice cream or yogurt or granola or oatmeal.....Made for ZWT8 ~ France for Chefs Gone Wild.Reply