Slow Cooker Honey Sauce Wingettes
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 1 (2 lb) package chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups honey
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, prepared minced
- Rinse chicken, pat dry and sprinkle very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place wingettes on broiler pan; broil for 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, chili sauce, oil, and garlic; spoon over wingettes.
- Cover aand cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Garnish with dried parsley.
Questions & Replies
OMG! I am making several versions of wings for the Superbowl, and these are 1st quarter! Totally delicious. I wish I'd subbed sesame oil, but didn't think of it until after they were in the crock pot. I love the combination....I was scared they would be too sweet, but using sriracha hot chili sauce made sure that wouldn't happen. My mouth is enjoying the mix of sweet and spice. Really, really enjoying it! Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag!
These were tasty tender wings. I did not use any soy sauce, only because I totally missed it until after everything was in the crock pot. They cooked in the crockpot for 2 hours and I broiled them again after I took them out just to crisp them up and everything worked out well. Will make these again, thanks for sharing your lovely recipe :)
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>