Slow Cooker Hearty Chili With Beef or Venison
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb venison
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 15 1⁄2 ounces light red kidney beans, drained
- 15 1⁄2 ounces dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Cook and drain meat.
- Add all ingredients except cheese to the crock pot.
- Mix ingredients well
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- When serving, top each bowl with shredded cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy to prepare, especially since I chopped the onion and cooked the meat the night before, so when it came time to put the ingredients together, it was pretty much "zip zip zip!" Even with only 1/2 the onion, it was a bit too oniony for my personal taste, but my husband wolfed down a big bowl and froze the rest for later consumption. Overall a good chili.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am always looking for a good, wholesome recipe that doesn't demand too much of my time, yet tastes great.