Slow Cooker Ginger Balsamic Beef
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 4 cups beef gravy
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium heat.
- Toss in minced garlic, and cook 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add chopped ginger, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef, and stir often, cooking until meat is just browned, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix both packages of gravy with 3 cup water and bring to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar and worchesire sauce.
- Once meat is browned, transfer entire pan to slow cooker, including juices.
- Top with gravy mixture, coating evenly.
- Cook for 7-8 hours on low setting.
- I served this over mashed potatoes because it's all we had in the house, but it would work well with egg noodles aswell.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Lovely and simple dish. I used a beef roast cut into 1 inch cubes and green peppercorn gravy mix. My 10yo gave it an enthusiastic two thumbs up but the balsamic vinegar was a bit too strong for ds8 & I so I will likely cut that by half next time and find a low sodium or make my own gravy as it was a just a bit too salty for me. The meat was really nice and tender, served over brown basmati rice. Thanks for posting AccidentalHomemaker! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)