Slow Cooker Chili
photo by jellygirl
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄8 cup chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (or pepper flakes)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- sour cream
- chopped green onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced black olives
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Crumble, drain and place in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir in the onion through kidney beans.
- Cover and cook on High for 5 to 6 hours or on Low 7 to 8 hours. REMOVE AND DISCARD THE BAY LEAF. Serve with desired toppings and some cornbread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!