Slow Cooker Chicken With Apricots and Dates
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 30mins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, halved
- 1⁄2 cup dried and pitted dates, halved lengthwise
- Mix garlic, orange juice, cumin, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small bowl. Pour mixture in a ziplock bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute onion until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove onion and set aside and add contents of ziplock bag to skillet and saute just until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken along with onions to crock pot.
- Add broth, apricots and dates to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I both love to cook. I love all the recipe websites and use them alot. We like to try new recipes.