Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala - Weight Watchers
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 4-6 cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except yogurt and cilantro, in slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in yogurt and cilantro.
- Yields about 1 cup chicken with sauce per serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!