Slow Cooker Black and Blue Cobbler
So easy and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 55mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh blackberries or 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- In a bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and next 4 ingredients.
- Combine eggs, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spread batter evenly onto the bottom of a greased 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a saucepan, combine berries, water, orange peel and remaining sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; immediately pour over batter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tests done.
- Turn cooker off.
- Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I loved how easy this was to make! It was very tasty, but I'll skip the orange peel next time. I made a few modifications and will make some more next time. I used 1/3 cup Xylitol with the fruit and added about 1/2 Tbsp. quick cooking tapioca to thicken it. Next time, I'll use 1 full cup water and 3 cups fruit. The thickener was not needed, but I'll probably use it next time too. I used a scant 1/2 cup Xylitol for the batter. That amount of sweetness was PLENTY. I have to assume that if I had used the full amount of sweetener that the recipe calls for, it would have been too sweet for my taste. (I prefer my desserts to be a bit less sweet than most recipes call for.) Note: Xylitol measures like sugar and adds the same amount of sweetness as sugar. I use it because hubby is diabetic. I'll definitely make this again with those modifications (more fruit and water, less sweetener, and a little thickener.)
Very easy to make and it turned out so well (I was surprised!!) I love using my crockpot so this was just a perfect idea to use up some fresh blackberries we had! I used 4 cups of blackberries (and no blueberries) and left out the orange zest. My 3 year old keeps asking if he can eat more of it! Will make this again and try with other berries and berry mixtures!! :)