Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 1 lb stew meat, seasoned with garlic salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, carrots)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Brown the meat over medium high heat in the skillet with oil.
- Transfer the meat and juices to the crock pot.
- Add all ingredients (except for the cornstarch) to the crock pot and stir.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add cornstarch and stir. Cook 1 more hour.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles for a more hearty meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!