Cold Weather Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Simple & Delicious by D. Wenger
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks
- 8 medium carrots
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut beef steak into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut red potatoes into quarters.
- In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the vegetables and pour tomatoes over top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, tomato paste, and broth until smooth.
- Stir in salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Pour into the slow cooker.
- Top with beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was good, but a little bit too tomato-y for us. I had never had a beef stew with a tomato base before, so it was something different. My husband came in and asked me why there were a bunch of vegetables floating in tomato soup in our crock pot! He ate it and liked it though, so that's always good!Reply
Delicious! The crock pot is my best friend when my days are very busy, so I love finding recipes like this that go together quickly and easily and are very tasty. My family loved this rich, hearty stew, and I loved that I only had a few minutes preparation in the morning and dinner was done! I browned the meat in "Kitchen Bouquet" for extra flavor and added a few extra carrots and potatoes to stretch the servings. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe! *Made for Football Pool 2008*Reply
see 1 more