Slow Cooker Banana Bread Steel Cut Oats
photo by Heather N.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups steel cut oats, gluten free if needed (do not substitute quick cooking, instant, or rolled oats)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups cashew milk, any kind you like
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas, plus additional banana slices for serving
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- optional chopped walnuts, raisins, cacao nibs, pure maple syrup, nut butter
- Place all of the ingredients except the toppings in the bottom of a 4-to-6-quart slow cooker and stir to combine: Steel cut oats, water, milk, mashed bananas, flaxseed meal, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (overnight) or on high for 4 hours, until the oats are soft but maintain a bit of chew. Remove cover and stir to evenly combine the ingredients. Enjoy warm with desired toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Don't forget to KISS the cook!! :D I love to experiment with food. I love bold flavors. I love to cook and find it especially pleasing when I have someone special to cook for. ? 8726894"