Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks (Seco De Chivo)
- Ready In:
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 ounces beer (or 12 ounces beer & 12 ounces water)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, washed well
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar (I use brown sugar Splenda)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 stalk celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- Brown meat and onion in olive oil. Remove meat to slow cooker or heavy dutch oven.
- Place onion, tomatoes, cilantro, carrot, celery, garlic, brown sugar, ketchup, seasonings & beer in food processor. Process until everything is thick puree consistency.
- Pour beer mixture over the lamb and cook at low heat for 2-3 hours if stove-top. If you are using the oven, 325 degrees for 2-3 hours. If using a crockpot, cook on low for 4-6 hours, depending on size of the shanks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!