Slow Cooked Beef and Sauerkraut Stew
photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sauerkraut, undrained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Place beef cubes, onion, diced potatoes, sliced carrots, sauerkraut and diced tomatoes in the slowcooker; mix around.
- Pour all remaining ingredients over top.
- Cover slowcooker and cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Remove bay leaf, stir well and then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!