Sloppy Joes - Dairy Free
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Saute onion, garlic and green pepper in the oil until they are limp and beginning to brown.
- Remove from pan, set aside.
- Brown ground beef in same pan.
- Return veggies and add the tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes to heat thoroughly.
- Serve over buns.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Most of my recipes are dairy free since I discovered many years ago that I am lactose intolerant. While I have had to give up some much-loved recipes, we have discovered that most can be modified to accommodate the changes to our diet. Most of my recipes say dairy free but there are a few from my childhood that may have dairy! I also have an intolerance to MSG so we spend a lot of time reading labels. Usually, it is just easier to cook from scratch, so we don't use many pre-made foods from the grocery store.</p> I like recipes I can make with minimal ingredients, real food I have in my kitchen, that are also easy to make!