Sloppy Joe Pie
photo by _Pixie_
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (used light, and slightly less)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 8 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown the hamburger with the onion, celery and garlic; drain fat. Add the tomato sauce, Splenda, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well and let simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or so just to blend the flavors.
- Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a greased (I used ICBINB) glass pie plate; mix in about half the cheese. Spread remaining cheese over the top. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and whisk in the mayo, cream. Pour custard mixture evenly over the cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes until nicely browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
DH and I have been doing the SB Diet since October so this is a great find for us! We really enjoyed it along with a tossed salad. I reduced the celery to one stalk and used about 6 oz of low fat cheese as that was all I had left in the house. The topping is a bit of a strange texture, something like an omelet on the top, but it tasted great. We will definitely repeat this one! I can see changing this up with different spices or maybe even adding a bit of taco seasoning just for fun. Thanks for posting!
Oh soooo good!! Just finished eating this for dinner and was very pleased! I omitted celery as we're not a big fan of it in dishes, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I'm the only one on the SBD in the family, but it was thoroughly enjoyed by all with a salad on the side. Everyone asked for seconds. It definitely gave me some yummy flavors I have been missing since starting the diet.
see 3 more reviews