Sloppy Joe Biscuit Rounds
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees; spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Place 2 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- With bottom of flat 2-inch diameter glass or fingers, press out each biscuit to 3 1/2-inch round with 1/4-inch rim around outside edge.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolk and water with fork.
- Brush over tops and sides of biscuits.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture into indentation in each biscuit.
- Sprinkle each biscuit with 1 T shredded cheese.
- Bake 12-17 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!