Slimming World Friendly Slow Cooker Irish Stew
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- low-fat cooking spray
- 125 g pearl barley
- 500 g lean lamb (all visibile fat removed, cut into large chunks)
- 4 medium onions (peeled and cut into vertical cunks)
- 4 carrots (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 large parsnip (cut into 1 inch cunks)
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (or lamb stock cubes)
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- hot water
- in a non stick frying pan brown the meat on all sides in batches.
- place all of the veg in bottom of slow cooker put meat on top, spinkle over barley add herbs and stock cubes. pour in enough hot water to come up just meet the veg and meat.
- cook for 6 hours on high in slow cooker.
- you can add other ingredients like garlic, reducrrent jelly, mint just remember to syn point it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!