Slimming World Friendly Chicken Hotpot
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- low-fat cooking spray
- 6 slices lean bacon (finely sliced all visible fat removed)
- 8 chicken thighs (skin removed)
- 400 g shallots (skinned and halved)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely sliced)
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- 150 ml creme fraiche (extra light)
- 100 ml water
- Heat cooking spray in large stove top casserole dish or large frying pan add bacon and fry until just crisp, remove from pan and set aside.
- add the chicken, shallot halves the garlic and the mushrooms to frying pan and brown for 5 minutes and then pour over white wine.
- Add thyme season well, cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour to 1hr 15 min until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is thickened.
- Just before serving stir in creme fraiche, warm through and garnish with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!