Skor Chocolate Bar Dessert
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (such as Oreo)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 3⁄8 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed (1 liter in Canada)
- 5 (39 g) Skor candy bars, chopped
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
- Mix crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter in a 13 by 9 inch pan.
- Press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl until smooth.
- Gently stir in 1/2 of the Cool Whip.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle chopped Skor bars over cream cheese layer.
- Pour milk into a large bowl.
- Add pudding mixes.
- Beat for one minute.
- Pour over Skor layer.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over pudding layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares.
- Store leftovers in fridge.
- Note: I placed the Skor chocolate bars in the freezer for about 30 minutes to make chopping easier.
- Actually, I used a hammer to break them into pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was super easy to prepare. I made it for out 4th of July cookout and everybody had to have the recipe. Of course, it didn't hurt that almost everybody loves skor bars to begin with. It goes extremely fast so make sure you get the first piece if you make this. I recomend that you try this one it gets my vote and my hubby's.
This was a fabulous dessert! I used chocolate graham crackers for the first layer and used a 6th Skor bar to sprinkle on top of the dessert. If you make this you might find it doesn't really serve 15 people. Of course you might not be serving 7 chocolate craving, wine drinking females who managed to polish off about 3/4 of the pan. And that was after starters and a meal! Thanks for sharing this terrific recipe M&Mers!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a small animal veterinary technician working full time. In my spare (?) time I love to bake and cook. I have about 80 different cookbooks and I guess my favorite ones are those that involve CHOCOLATE!! <br> <br>My biggest 'pet' peeve is people who treat their dogs and cats like disposable products...look after the health and well-being of your pets, PLEASE! They depend on you! ('Nuff said!). <br> <br>June 2003 Update: I now work part-time as a vet tech and part-time as an ER ward clerk at a local hospital. After being a technician for 20 years, the emotional stress was getting too hard to handle. Putting an older pet to sleep after I'd watched them grow up over the years was something I could no longer do. I decided to look for a new job while I was still 40-something rather than wait 4 years when I was 50-something! Working with animals is in my blood however, so I could not give it up entirely.