Skinnygirl Lower-Fat Pasta Carbonara
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup plain unflavored soymilk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter (regular or nondairy)
- 8 slices organic turkey bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the soy milk, eggs, Parmesan, half the garlic salt, and half the pepper.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and quickly put it directly into the bowl with the egg mixture. Toss to coat. The hot pasta will cook the eggs. When the pasta is coated with the egg mixture, mix in the butter, turkey bacon, red pepper flakes, and the remaining garlic salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We are fond of Pasta dishes and like whole wheat pastas as well, so no surprise we that we found this lower-fat version served with a green salad made for a very satisfying evening meal on a cold winter night here on the prairies. Made as posted but suspect whole milk would work well if one did not have the soy milk on hand.Thank you for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm relatively new to this site, but am enjoying it so far. Time permitting, I hope to add some of my own recipes soon. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy all of yours! Thanks!</p>