Skinny Baked BBQ Pork Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These incredible little pieces of pork will have people thinking you cooked all day, but you can have this dinner wrapped up in a half-hour!
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces pork chops, trimmed of fat (approx. 12oz)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sugar orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sugar barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season pork chops lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the pork chops to pan.
- Cook until they are lightly brown (1 to 2 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate (or anywhere but your frying pan).
- Add the remaining 1 tsp oil to the pan (same one the pork was in - toss it right in, don't clean the pan). Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened (3 to 4 minutes).
- Add orange juice and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 1 minute). Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Return the pork chops to the pan, turning several times to coat with the sauce. I just used a fork and rubbed the pork chop around, flipped, and repeat.
- If you have an oven proof pan - just leave all of the chops in that to bake with the extra sauce. I do not own one of those gems, so I transferred my chops to a baking dish and poured the extra sauce on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the pork chops are not pink in the middle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION