Skillet White Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A nice skillet bean recipe for those cool fall days.
- Ready In:
- 1 large sweet onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1⁄3 cup white balsamic vinegar or 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (chickpeas)
- sour cream
- tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- sage leaf (optional)
- In 12-inch skillet cook onion in hot butter over medium heat about 15 minutes or until very tender and browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, sage, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Add beans; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with sour cream. Garnish with tomatoes and sage leaves. Makes 12 to 14 side-dish servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION