Skillet Sausage With Mushrooms and Rice, so Simple
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a real family pleaser around here. The guys really dig in and it's so easy to make I smile too.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups converted white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Slice open and remove the casings from sausage.
- Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick spray, heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, mushrooms, and onion, breaking up the sausage with a fork.
- Cook until sausage is browned and the mushrooms and onion are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the rice and broth, stirring well, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until broth has evaporated and rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good comfort food. I made as directed, except I used regular rice and added a green bell pepper. I did need to cook longer since I used the regular rice but very good and realized this ahead of time. Next time I think I will use less rice and maybe more and other types of veggies. Thanks for sharing!1Reply
Wonderful! I did cut down the rice to 1 1/2 cups and used 3 cups chicken broth because I thought we would like it better with less rice and it worked out beautifully. I think it would also be good with hot Italian sausage or with some mozzarella added in with the Parmesan. Thanks for posting. Made for Newest Zaar Tag cooking game.3Reply