Skillet Potato Pie With Eggs and Cheese
A simple one skillet breakfast that will get anybody's day going.
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans of sliced potatoes (drained)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (crumbled)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces chopped mushrooms
- 15 ounces Egg Beaters garden vegetable egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel and set aside.
- Drain all but 3 tablespoons of bacon grease. Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and saute` over medium heat until softened but not browned, add potato slices and gently toss them in with the onions and mushrooms. Cook, turning often until potatoes are warmed through.
- In a medium bowl add eggs, milk, parsley and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, stir until all is combined, pour mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.
- Place skillet into the oven and bake until eggs are set about 25 - 30 minutes. Serve hot directly from the skillet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION