Skillet Polenta Lasagna
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Slices of prepared polenta are used in place of noodles in this hearty skillet lasagna.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) prepared polenta, at room temperature
- 1 medium zucchini
- 12 ounces cooked Italian chicken sausage
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf, divided
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut polenta and zucchini into 1/4 inch slices, and set aside.
- Cut sausage in half lengthwise, and then into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Thinly slice basil, add sausage half of the basil, and sauce to a mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Arrange 1/2 of the polenta over bottom of a 12 inch skillet, and top with half of the sausage mixture.
- Layer provolone cheese, zucchini, and mozzarella cheese over sausage mixture,.
- Top with remaining polenta, and sausage mixture.
- Cover, and cook over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sauce is bubbly, and cheeses are melted.
- Remove skillet from heat, grate parmesan cheese, and sprinkle over lasagna.
- Let stand uncovered 2-3 minutes, and garnish with remaining basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION