Skillet Linguica With Pasta
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1 lb of portuguese sausage, sliced into rounds (linguica or chourico)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 26 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta (elbow macaroni, for example)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce, for heat (pimenta moida preferred) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil and sauté the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the sausage, salt and pepper and sauté together for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir in for a minute.
- Add in the remaining ingredients of diced tomatoes, chicken broth, water, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper, and uncooked pasta.
- Stir everything together and bring to a boil, cover the skillet and reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste if needed.
- Remove skillet from heat and leave covered until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!