Skillet Eggs Florentine
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- In a large, non-stick skillet, melt butter; sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until golden.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach. With back of a spoon, make 8 indentations in spinach mixture. Break one egg into each well. Cover and cook on medium-low for 6 to 8 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese while hot, then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This made an excellent healthy and quick late work night dinner. The recipe was reduced to 2 servings and I think I ended up using a little more spinach than was called for. When making this again, I think I will add a touch of freshly grated nutmeg. As suggested, it was served with toasted English muffins and fresh from the garden sliced tomatoes.