Skillet Chicken Parmigiana
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 21 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken breasts between wax paper and pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat pounder.
- Salt and pepper breasts and dip into buttermilk. Roll breasts in bread crumbs.
- Place olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Cook chicken breasts for approximately 10 minutes on each side or until juices of chicken run clear. (Use a spatula and gently turn chicken breasts over.)
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and cook on low heat 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella cheeses on top and cover with lid to melt cheese for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta noodles. (I serve over 8 ounces of cooked angel hair pasta.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Thanks for taking the time to stop by My Page! I am married to a quiet, but fun loving guy who cleans up the kitchen!! I have grandchildren who I adore. I am retired from being a paralegal and a real estate agent. I have also been a substitute teacher for the elementary grades in the public school system. All of my recipes are the tried and true type. Many of them have come from my 48 years of cooking, my mother's recipe box or other relatives. I like Taste of Home magazine and I am a big fan of foodnetworkTV. I am a southern girl and enjoy comfort foods!!! I am a big cookbook collector and have been for years. I enjoy baking desserts most of all. I also enjoy games on my laptop, growing flowers, lunches with friends, babysitting grandchildren, photography and traveling. Since life is so short I try to count my blessings each day and give to the less fortunate. I had gotten into a rut on what to cook. Therefore, I am so happy I found the Recipezaar site. Pet Peeve: People with a negative attitude. MY RATING SYSTEM: 5 stars - Excellent in taste. May have minor change. 4 stars - Adjustment in ingredients for flavor. 3 stars - Fair, but not sure whether I would repeat. 2 and 1 stars - I do NOT give. Zaar EVENTS IN WHICH I PARTICIPATED: Aus/NZ Swaps #15,#16 April, May 2008 Aus/NZ Swaps #20#21#22 Sept Oct Nov 2008</p>