Skillet Bow Tie Lasagna
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This quick recipe from my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection tastes like lasagna, but you make it on the stove. It's very tasty and is always a hit with my family.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3⁄4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley, oregano and salt; mix well.
- Stir in pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
- Combine cheeses; drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This really did taste like lasagna without all the work! I used 2 1/2 cups of elbow pasta and added another 1/2 cup water or so. This made a large 4 quart skillet full, enough for 6 or 8 people if you ask me. I'm so glad I picked this one as I'll be making over and over again. Made for the *Recipe Swap 14* game 2008 in the Aussie/NZ forum. Our group was *The Kumara Kids* Group 28Reply