Sizzling Pork Sisig
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs pork, ear with jowl (I think this is what they call pisngi)
- 1 lb beef or 1 lb pork liver
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- 5 pieces red chili peppers
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemons or 1 teaspoon kalamansi
- 1 egg
- mayonnaise (optional)
- Boil pork ear with pepper and salt until tender (tenderness determined if fork can easily pass through). It takes 1-1.5 hours. Add liver on the last minute of boiling. Avoid to over boil the liver.
- Remove ear and liver from the water and let it stand for around 30 minutes.
- Place the ear in aluminum lined tray and broil for 25 minutes. Liver can also be broiled for 10 minutes but make sure not to overdo.
- Chop ears and liver into small pieces.
- Sauté garlic, onion , bell pepper and red chili pepper, add pork ear. Season with soy sauce and kalamansi. Add liver, mix.
- Pour into sizzling plate. Top with fresh egg, mix while still hot. Add mayonnaise if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook for my family! I never realized this until we moved here in US where nobody else will cook for us. From then on, I like to experiment and cook from my memory some foods that I miss. I can now use some of the things I learned from school. I like to read a lot of recipes but mostly I modify them a bit. The most part I enjoy is when my kids and husband or friends liked the dishes.