Single Serving Baked Bacon, Egg and Cheese
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If making one: Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned but still flexible.
- If making more than one: Lay out bacon on a foil and parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. (You want the bacon to be cooked and flexible; not crispy.) Or cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned but still flexible.
- Set up ramekins (4-ounce) or you can use a muffin tin. But if you are using the ramekins, place them on a cookie sheet. If you are using the muffin tin, put a little water in the unused muffin cups; this saves the cups from burning.
- When bacon is done, wrap a slice around the inside of the ramekin or muffin cup.
- Place a teaspoon of melted butter (or bacon grease) in the bottom of the ramekin or muffin cup.
- Drop in the egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven.
- After about 10 to 15 minutes, place a 1/4 slice of cheese over the egg, and continue to bake until egg is cooked and the cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was looking for an easy egg & bacon recipe this morning & was pleased to find this one. I've found that my toddler DD will try nearly anything presented in a ramekin! This was no exception and what's more, she ate the whole thing! DH won't eat just "egg" it has to be scrambled so this time I used 4 eggs, lightly beaten with enough cold water to equal 2 cups of liquid & poured 1/4 cup in each ramekin. My ramekins are 6oz so they were a bit big, but still worked out just fine. The scrambled egg puffed up while baking like a souffle & I just wish I could've taken the photo before they deflated. As I was choosing which one to photograph DD pointed excitedly at one & said, "Heart!". Sure enough, the bacon in one had folded & baked itself into a heart shape! Obviously, that had to be the one in the photo. :) We really enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing, Cattie! Made & enjoyed for New Kids on the Block tag game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=306056&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0