When prepared with Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, this recipe includes no chopping and comes together in just minutes. The result is a nutritious, low-cost, vegetarian recipe that kids love as much as their parents do!
1. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place them in a 350 degree oven.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the chili powder directly to the oil and stir quickly.
3. Immediately add Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion and pinto beans, quickly stirring to distribute as evenly as possible. Reduce the heat to medium.
4. Allow the potatoes and beans to cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes, until the potatoes and beans have become crisp and brown on the bottom. You may need to turn down the heat up or down a little to keep the sizzling sound but prevent burning. Just use your nose!
5. When you can see good color developing on the bottom, use a metal spatula to flip the potatoes and beans, one square at a time. (If you notice that all of the oil has already been absorbed, you may need to add a little more oil under each square of filling.).
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the filling and cover the skillet loosely with aluminum foil or a cookie sheet. Allow the cheese to melt and the underside to brown.
7. Add one scoop of filling to each warmed tortilla. Serve as-is or top with any of your favorite tex-mex toppings. (Sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and green onions all work well.).