Simplified Choucroute Garni for Crock Pot (Pork Chops&sauerk
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I like kosher)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 large boneless pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans sauerkraut, undrained
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup slightly sweet white wine (Riesling)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- In small bowl, mix seasoning, salt and pepper. (I didn't measure these, I just seasoned each layer with a little sprinkle of each).
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick spray. Layer potatoes, pork chops, kielbasa, apples and sauerkraut (in that order). Season each layer with spice mix. Pour wine over top of sauerkraut.
- Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Stir in thawed peas and cook additional 30 minutes.
- remove pork chops and cut each into thick slices against the grain. Stir back into mixture and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Californian born and raised. I have 2 little girls and the world's best husband. I love to cook and try new things. I am currently in Dental Hygiene school so have no time to think let alone cook so right now fast and easy is the name of the game! <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg">