Simple Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole san marzano tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- Sautee the garlic in olive oil until it starts to sizzle, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, cover, bring to a boil, add salt.
- Reduce to a simmer, let cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add a handful of fresh basil (or substitute parsley), to taste.
Join The Conversation
DH said, "I hope you NEVER buy jarred sauce again!" You've got to love a simple sauce that tastes like summer in Italy (well, what I imagine Summer in Italy would taste like!) I think the key is to just bring the garlic to sizzle, not to brown it or overcook it. I am willing to bet this would be out of this world if make with fresh summer tomatoes warm from the sun! Wonderful recipe, Dria - thanks so much for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2010 - you were adopted (and thank goodness for that!)