Simple Spaghetti Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato soup (condensed, do not add water)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with onions
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (or jarred)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon shredded gouda cheese (optional)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 6 ounces tomato juice or 3 ounces tomato paste
- Brown your ground beef or, skinless chicken tenderloins until done all the way through.
- If using chicken tenderloins, strip off fat after done cooking and dice the chicken into bite sized cubes.
- While meat is browning on medium temperature cut and dice your garlic and fry together with your meat (or if using jarred type just toss in with your meat and brown together).
- While those two are cooking begin crushing your herbs. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, put the herbs in a thick plastic sandwich bag or similar and use a rolling pin, meat mallet or, similar and gently (don't go absolutely wild - unless you've had a really bad day :)) and beat the herbs until almost a fine grind of sorts, should not look like dust! Then add this to your meat mixture.
- Last but not least add in all the other ingredients and stir together, mixing well.
- Let simmer on med-high for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally and then turn down to med. low for remainder of time and cover. After you have done this then cook your favorite pasta and when that is done, just top with your sauce and you're done.
- Don't forget to make garlic bread!
- If it is not thick enough just add more parmesan to the mixture.
- Also feel free to add other veggies like zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, etc. Make it your own!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #800000;>My favorite time of year is in the fall...with all of the beautiful colors it brings along with the holidays :)</span></p> <p><span style=color: #800000;>I love reading, writing, crafting & jewelry making and lately I have </span><span style=color: #800000;>been designing products for sale on Zazzle at</span> <span style=color: #ff6600;>http://www.zazzle.com/shigenaka*</span><span style=color: #800000;>...very addictive and fun...the only downfall you really have to have patience to do the research involved...You can also check out some of my writings</span> <span style=color: #800000;>on</span> <span style=color: #ff6600;>Associated Content</span> <span style=color: #800000;>where I am better known as </span><span style=color: #ff6600;>C.S.Shigenaka</span></p> <p><span style=color: #ff00ff;>To Everyone who has posted comments:</span></p> <p><span style=color: #ff00ff;>Thank you for your response, encouragement, and ideas and for sharing your wonderful opinions on my recipes...it is much appreciated!</span></p> <p><span style=color: #800000;>Sorry I haven't posted anything new as of late...that will hopefully change soon, especially come fall when my inspiration is at it's highest...thank you all for your kind comments, I do read them, every one..</span></p> <p><span style=color: #800000;>I posted a new recipe today for all you sweet tooths out there who love bread pudding like I do..be sure to check it out and leave me a rating if you like it <img title=Tongue out src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif border=0 alt=Tongue out /><br /></span></p>