Simple Scallops With Dipping Sauce
Entry for Chef #200736 - This is a quick recipe for canapes when you're entertaining or when you want a snack. It's easy to put together. You may cook the scallops on the BBQ or on a pan (as directed). Enjoy.
- Ready In:
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 10 scallops
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish (leaves only)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cucumbers, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons carrots, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, fresh and finely diced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients for dipping sauce in a small mixing bowl and mix until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Spray cooking oil in pan, heat pan on a medium heat then cook the scallops on both sides for about 4 minutes each side or until lightly brown.
- Add cooked scalloped on individual tooth picks then garnish with cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Absolutely gorgeous, I made these as a starter to follow marinated seafood skewers with a dipping sauce. It was perfect, it complimented what I had made as a main course to a tee. The dish was so full of flavour and the perfect blend of ingredients, that just complimented each other so well. I was a little worried when reading the amount of fish sauce as I find this very overpowering, but it was perfect, really lovely. My only downfall is you take such lovely photo's and the last person to take a photo took a wonderful shot as well. I am afraid mine just doesn't compare. But the dish was fantastic and I will be making this often, thank you so much for sharing. Big thumbs up from all my dinner guests. Very YYyyuummyy