Simple Plain Paratha
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Plain Paratha is bread which is mostly served in Breakfast. It can be served with any main course. The recipe source is jaypuri.blogspot.com
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (Whole meal flour or Chapati Atta)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- lukewarm water, to knead the dough
- 1. Take a mixing bowl, add flour 2 cups of flour. keep 1/2 cup aside for mixing the dough.
- 2. Put salt and mix it well with flour.
- 3. Knead the dough with lukewarm water. Make a soft dough.
- 4. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- 5. Take little dough. Make a ball same size as golf ball.
- 6. Take a rolling pin. Make a small dough arounf 2" diameter.
- 7. Apply butter, fold it, apply butter again and then fold it again to form a triangle shape.
- 8. Roll the dough to make it around 5" diameter.
- 9. Heat Griddle, cook the dough for about a minute.
- 10. Take some oil in spoon and spread on edges of pratha on griddle.
- 11. Flip the paratha and cook other side. Cook for about a minute.
- 12. Flip it again, apply some oil on top. Flip again and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 13. You Paratha is ready.
- Serve hot yogurt and mango pickle or with any main course dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION