Simple Irish Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 good size carrots (chopped)
- 2 leeks (roughly chopped, green and white)
- 1 stalk celery, plus any leaves on bunch (chopped)
- 1 bunch roughly chopped parsley
- 4 -5 chicken stock cubes
- 3 -4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup broken pasta
- salt and pepper
- boiled potato, , about 1.5 each person (, about 1.5 each person)
- Place carrots, leek, parsley, celery and soup mix (optional) in stock or soup pot.
- Cover with cold water just so all veg are floating.
- Bring to boil, and add stock cubes, and spices.
- Simmer until vegetables are very soft.
- Taste and season, adjust flavour as per your taste.
- If adding pasta, do this now and boil until pasta is well cooked.
- Serve with potatoes in warm bowls.
- Whole boiled potatoes are traditionally placed in soup at time of serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!