Simple Dirty Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
One skillet main meal
- Ready In:
- 1 1 lb ground pork (lean to very lean) or 1 lb ground turkey (lean to very lean)
- 1 cup onion, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, rounded
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon margarine or 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 2 chicken stock cubes or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 pints boiling water
- 1. Saute' onion and mixed bell peppers in a large skillet in the margarine until soft.
- 2. add the ground meat and cook until browned.
- 3. add celery salt, chilli powder, cumin, Adobo and salt and pepper mix well.
- 4. Mix stock cube and boiling water and desolve completely.
- 5. add rice and stock liquid to the meat and veg and stir.
- 6. let summer for 30 - 40 mins until water is evaporated and rice is tender. (if rice is still not tender add another 1/2 cup water and let it simmer and check rice again when evaporated.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note