Simple Crockpot Carnitas
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The original recipe is by Rick Bayless, who always does a fabulous job with his recipes.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs pork shoulder, boneless
- salt, as needed
- 2 cups fresh lard
- Turn your crockpot (aka a slow cooker) on high.
- Heat your lard in the microwave until it has melted and add to the crockpot.
- Cut your pork shoulder into about 7 pieces and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the pork pieces in the crockpot leaving spaces between the meat.
- Cover and cook until the meat is tender.
- Notes: Brown the cooked meat for a few minutes under the broiler if desired. I have also doubled the meat and the lard and let the meat boil in the lard until tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION