Simple Chicken Flavored Skillet Stuffing
photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- seasoning salt and pepper (or use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄4 cups good quality chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- In a large skillet saute the onion, garlic (if using) and celery, in butter, until soft.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the bread crumbs; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs; cover, turn off heat, and allow to sit for 8-10 mins (if the mixture seems dry, then add in a bit more chicken broth).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!