Simple Chewy Granola Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips, raisins, nuts (or a combo)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips with fork until moistened (mixture wil be crumbly). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into an ungreased 13x9x2" pan. Bake until center is set, 15 to 17 minutes. Cut into bars, about 3x1 1/2 ", while warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was so good! I will definitely be making this again... maybe immediately. I have been making my own granola for some time now...this is the best one for my needs. I am a dancer, and need something to get me through hours of rehearsal... that I can eat quickly and gives me energy. This was the easiest, quickest, I had everything already in stock, and delicious! I cheated a little bit, I added some salt, a drop of vanilla, and more chocolate chips/peanut chips than the recipe called for (I just can't help myself)... next batch will be healthy and have some fruits and nuts and stuff.. maybe! I can't wait to try different combinations. Thank you Tootsie for the great recipe!