Silver Dollar City Succotash
- Ready In:
- 1 lb okra, lightly breaded
- 8 ounces frozen whole kernel corn (Fresh corn is certainly an option in this recipe)
- 8 ounces summer squash
- 8 ounces diced or chunked chicken (pre-cooked)
- 4 ounces green peppers
- 4 ounces onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- butter-flavored vegetable oil, as needed
- Saute onions and peppers with butter flavored vegetable oil. Remove from the skillet.
- Saute chicken in the same skillet with oil. Remove after heating thoroughly.
- Saute corn and squash in the same skillet with oil. Remove.
- Fry okra in skillet until golden brown.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- When okra is done, begin adding all the ingredients back into the skillet until reheated to desired temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
There are a lot of things I love about life, my family, my faith in God, my church family, my friends. I also enjoy so many hobbies. Working as a nurse means I work 3, 12 hour shifts a week and have 4 days off! Which gives me a lot of time to do the things I love like cooking, scrapbooking, photography and just recently herb/flower gardening! My family includes my adorable and amazing husband and my 13 year old step-son (who proves to be a challange to this new mom but we love him soo!!!) The newest love of my life is the beautiful little husky sitting on my lap in this picture. She is 5 months old and an absolute joy to our life! I also just started a new cooking blog called 'Make it homemade.' I believe we can all save a lot of money, if we use our skills to make frequently store-bought items at home in our own kitchens! Besides, homemade just taste better! Check out the link below! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">