SILK & SATIN CHOCOLATE PIE
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (9 1/2 inch) pie crusts (cooled)
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream (for garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate (shaved for garnish)
- 8 raspberries (for garnish)
- Place semi-sweet & dark chocolate pieces in a bain-marie (double boiler), stirring occasionally until melted.
- Meantime, in a bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine sugar and butter. Cream ingredients on speed 3 until fluffy, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- When chocolate is melted, pour in the butter mixture. Add vanilla and process until well mixed, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add one egg at a time and process for 5 minutes before adding another egg which makes it creamier and lighter.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled prepared pie crust, smooth out the surface using a spatula and place it on a baking sheet lined with silicone mat to prevent from sliding. Transfer to the fridge to chill, about 4 hours. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, sprinkle some shaved chocolate and place a raspberry per slice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!