Sicilian Scampi (olive Garden Style)
- Ready In:
- 35 slices ciabatta or 35 slices baguette (1 loaf)
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled,deveined and uncooked (31-40 per pound or larger)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 15 -20 black olives, sliced
- 1 -2 roma tomato, diced
- Cut the loaf of bread on an angle, half an inch thick, at least 35 slices.
- Arrange 5 slices on serving plates so they face in like flower petals.
- (You can toast the slices if you like) Heat the butter in a large skillet until it's bubbling lightly.
- Add the garlic and the WHITE of the onions and cook for a minute.
- Add shrimp and cook until it's just done.
- Place a piece of shrimp on the bread closest to the center of the circle, any extra I put in the space left in the center.
- Add the wine and olives to the remaining garlic butter in the skillet and cook until it's lightly boiling.
- About 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over the shrimp and bread.
- Garnish with the tomatoes and the GREEN of the green onions.
- Serve with napkins and eat with your fingers.
Join The Conversation
We often eat at the Olive Garden, and my favorite is the sicilian scampi...YOU Nailed this!!! I didnt change a thing, only added fresh ground black pepper to the final display, and it was as close to olive garden's as it could be... I made it at home for the kids..it didnt last 5 min (3 teenagers) and was a huge hit! Kudos to you we'll be making this on weekends when the kids are all here... THANKS!