Sicilian Green Beans (Low Fat)
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cover and microwave frozen green beans and 1/4 cup water in a quart microwave safe container for 11 minutes on high, stirring half way through.
- In another bowl combine mustard, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and pepper.
- When beans are done, drain liquid and then pour mustard mixture over beans, tossing to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Only 4 stars because I think the proportions are off. I did not get consistent flavor from this dish. Some bites were just beans, while others had sauce. I recommend increasing the amount of sauce by half for better coverage of the beans. I made it as directed except that I steamed my beans on the stove.